Moon & Stars Memories Walk is FREE to register, with a suggested £50 sponsorship pledge per person (or household). If you would prefer to give a donation instead of collecting sponsorship, you can do so on our Moon & Stars JustGiving Campaign Page. Please remember to still register below so we can keep in touch with all of the relevant event information.
- The easiest and quickest way to collect sponsorship is to set up a JustGiving page. Create your page on our special Moon & Stars JustGiving Campaign Page
- Set up your JustGiving page as soon as you have decided to take part – it’s never too early to start fundraising!
- Share your JustGiving page on email and social media to start receiving donations for Rowans Hospice Charity
- Add your story, photos & why you are supporting Rowans Hospice Charity to your JustGiving page
- Give regular updates for your supporters to read
- The more personal you make your page, the more motivated people will be to sponsor you
- JustGiving will ensure all of your sponsorship money is sent to us, so you don’t have to do anything further
- If you would like to collect sponsorship money offline, you can download a paper Sponsorship Form here
Top tips on collecting sponsorship!
- Remind your family and friends of your fundraising target and how you need their support to reach this
- Every £1 of sponsorship is important to us, but we can make it go just a little bit further with Gift Aid. We can claim an additional 25p on every £1 donated at no additional cost to you, but only if your sponsors tick the Gift Aid Box. This is really easy to do on your JustGiving Page so please make your sponsors aware they can do this (if eligible)
- Tell your supporters why you want to help the Rowans Hospice Charity and why it is important to you
- Thank all those who have sponsored you. EG: You could mention them on Facebook ‘Thank you Aunty Mary for sponsoring me £20 for the Moon & Stars Memories Walk raising money for the Rowans Hospice Charity. If anyone else would like to support me you can do so on my JustGiving page here (insert your link)’
How can I pay in any offline sponsorship money?
- Cash – you can hand in cash, along with your sponsorship form (it is very important to enclose your sponsorship form so we can claim Gift Aid), to our reception at the Hospice
- Cheques – Cheques should be made payable to ‘Rowans Hospice’ and can be sent in the post, along with your sponsorship form and contact details
- If paying in money on behalf of a group, please provide the group name and a list of the individuals in the group so we can thank everyone
- You can also hand in cash/cheques, together with sponsorship forms, into any one of our shops
Here are some fun ideas to help get your fundraising underway!
- Make afternoon tea and cakes for your household and ask for a donation to join in
- Garden bake sale – bake cakes and invite people to purchase a slice (make sure you stick to Government Guidelines on group gatherings)
- Bingo night – this can be played via Zoom, ask everyone for a donation to play
- eBay – sell your preloved goods on eBay or Facebook Marketplace and donate the proceeds
- Fancy Dress Day at work or school
- Give something up – could you do a month without chocolate?
- Keepy Up Challenge
- Online Quiz
- Guess how many sweets in a jar
- Guess the weight of the cake
Here are some top tips from Olympic swimmer and Rowans Hospice Charity supporter, Katy Sexton, MBE which will help you prepare for your Moon & Stars Memories Walk.
Nutrition – keep a balanced diet including:
- Carbs (potatoes, pasta, starchy foods)
- Protein (lean meat, Quorn, tofu, eggs, milk)
- Vitamins and minerals (most foods have all the nutrients you need so supplements shouldn’t be necessary)
- After a workout you will feel hungry and will need to replace lost nutrients. Things to help recovery are proteins.
- The more colourful your plate can be the better.
- Try and stay away from fried things and sweet treats, the odd treat is ok in moderation.
- Most importantly make sure you drink enough water, at Least 2 litres a day.